Dental Crowns Belfast dentist
What is the procedure of fitting a crown on a tooth?
The procedure is usually completed in 2 appointments.
1. Local anesthesia is given around the tooth area. 1 to 2 millimeter of outer tooth surface is reduced so that the tooth as able to receive a crown.
2. Impression of this reduced tooth is taken. Then a temporary crown is fitted on this tooth.
3. The first visit's procedure is completed in one hour.
When does the 2nd appointment take place?
Second appointment takes place after a gap of 2 to 3 weeks.
1. During this period of gap crown is customized according to the impression of the reduced tooth.
2. On second appointment temporary crown is removed.
3. Belfast dentist cleans the tooth area and bonds the customized crown on the reduced tooth.
4. All this is done in less than an hour.
What care should be taken during and after the treatment?
- If at any time the temporary crown seems loose, then keep it placed on the tooth and inform the dentist. And get an appointment to refit this crown.
- Continue the medication prescribed by the dentist. This medication is meant for relieving the tooth sensitivity and pain.
- If you have tooth bridges then you will have quick recovery. After 2-3 weeks tooth feeling will be restored to normal
When should you revisit your Belfast dentist?
1. If your tooth remains sensitive and painful even after two days, inform the Belfast dentist.
2. If you notice some type of damage to the crown, then you should instantly get appointment with the Belfast dentist so that further damage to the weakened structure may be prevented.
How long do the crowns last?
- Crowns usually last for 5 to 15 years if they are kept under proper care.
- So you must keep the crowns clean by brushing and flossing. Also visit the Belfast dentist from time to time after the crown is bonded on the tooth. Thus you can prolong the life of a crown.
here for a list of dentists in Belfast that offer dental
- Belfast dentist List>>
- Contact us
- Dental implants
- Teeth Whitening
- Botox & Fillers
- Root canal
- Gum shaping
- Gum disease
- Bad breath
- Interdental brush
- Electric toothbrush
- Tongue cleaning
- Fissure sealants
- Anxious patients
Belfast dentist List>>